Working with multiple UV layouts in BodyPaint.
August 14, 2011
Step by step go through.
- Export your object from Maya with multiple UV layouts.
- You can start your texture work from scratch or using any kind of baked stuff.
- Import your .obj geometry in BodyPaint and create two different materials, one for each UV layout which created before in Maya.
- Create a new texture for the color channel of each material, or connect your textures if you baked previously.
- Drag both materials over the geometry.
- You can see in the viewports just the last material dragged, because BodyPaint doesn’t handle multi material jobs at the same time.
- Click on objects tab, select the material for the UV layout 1 channel and check that X and Y offset are both as 0
- If you click on texture tab you’ll realize that UV’s and texture match perfectly.
- Select the material for the UV layout 2 and switch the texture used for this material. You’ll realize that something is wrong, UV mapping and texture don’t match.
- You will need to change the X offset to 100 and then, will work fine.
- You can change viewport visualization switching from one shader ball to another one.